So this is my portrait, my Model was Makaila Iorge, I used a reflector to reflect the light of the sun to shine on her face to get better lighting, after that I went on photoshop and cleared up a few blemishes and fixed the brightness and contrast on the entire picture and well… boom, done
Open Image in Photoshop
2. Window>Layers to make a Layers palette appear on the right.
3. Click on the 4th icon from the left at the bottom of layers palette. It looks like 1/2 circle with the top half dark, bottom half white
Choose “Levels”. Then move the right slider to the left until the faces look nicely exposed.
4. Click once on the white layer mask
5. Type “Command” + “i” to invert the layer mask to make it ‘black’
6. Select brush tool shortcut ‘b’
7. At the bottom left of the tools palette, if the foreground color isn’t white click double headed arrow to move ‘white’ to foreground’
8. Paint in the areas of your picture you want to dodge.
9. If you make a mistake painting, press the letter ‘x’ to switch foreground color to black and paint over the area.
So for this project we were supposed to find a subject and make the picture reflect to look like a mirror. So for this project I chose my TA Kaley, she’s really high spirited and amazing! To make my picture look like this, I had to widen my canvas and make a new layer, after I made the new layer, I “Free Transformed” and chose an edit called “Reflect”, after reflecting I moved the second picture to make it look like a reflection
Step 1: I found this fire hydrant walking through my school, and thought, “Hey I could take a picture of this and Color splash wherever the light hits”
Step 2: After I took the picture, I thought it was a great idea to shoot from different angles
Step 3: After choosing this angle, I rushed to photoshop to edit my picture
Step 4: First I used the “Lasso” tool to quickly select all the areas of the fire hydrant the light hit
Step 5: After carefully “Lassoing” I right-clicked my mouse and chose “Select Inverse”
Step 6: When I clicked “Select Inverse” I went to the Adjustments tab and clicked “Black and White” and fixed the Contrast to make it darker
I would’ve changed the angle of the picture and the contrast, it looks too dark.
I chose this subject because I thought it would have been unique to just Color Splash the light.
This is Makaila’s Beautiful Flower picture Here is a link
Makaila‘s Photography is very unique and beautiful because she makes it her own.