Open Image in Photoshop
2. Window>Layers to make a Layers palette appear on the right.
3. Click on the 4th icon from the left at the bottom of layers palette. It looks like 1/2 circle with the top half dark, bottom half white
Choose “Levels”. Then move the right slider to the left until the faces look nicely exposed.
4. Click once on the white layer mask
5. Type “Command” + “i” to invert the layer mask to make it ‘black’
6. Select brush tool shortcut ‘b’
7. At the bottom left of the tools palette, if the foreground color isn’t white click double headed arrow to move ‘white’ to foreground’
8. Paint in the areas of your picture you want to dodge.
9. If you make a mistake painting, press the letter ‘x’ to switch foreground color to black and paint over the area.